> Apply For Admission
Applications for Admission
The following are instructions for applying to the Master's and Doctoral programs in Computer Science.
Before applying, review the admission requirements for the M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs.
The Department of Computer Science normally admits applicants to commence in September. In exceptional circumstances, an applicant may be admitted in January.
- Applications from international applicants must be received by January 15* of the same calendar year.
- Applications from Canadian applicants must be received by February 15.
*Your application must be complete with the application form, application fee, all post-secondary transcripts, degree certificate, letters of recommendation, and other required materials submitted by the deadline date. While late applications may be considered, it may not be possible to consider late applicants for all available sources of financial assistance.
To apply for admission to Graduate Studies in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Saskatchewan, you must complete two different online forms before your application can be considered:
- Fill out the online application to the College of Graduate Studies. Once you have completed the application, you will receive an email with further instructions. This process may take up to 2 business days.
- Once you have received the further instructions, which will include a username and password, you can complete and submit the Online Application Form for Admission to Graduate Studies in the Department of Computer Science. A shortened copy of your form will be sent back to you by e-mail as a PDF document.
- Print the PDF copy of your form that you received after completing step 2, above. Sign it, date it, and mail it with the rest of your hardcopy application package* to:
|Graduate Program Secretary
Department of Computer Science
176 Thorvaldson Building
110 Science Place
University of Saskatchewan
|* Application Package Check List
(All of these items must be mailed in hard copy form to the address given in Step 3 of the Application Instructions, above.)
- Application Form (pdf short version) for Admission (be sure to include your signature and date on this form) which was downloaded in Step 3, above.
- Non-refundable application fee of $75.00 Canadian (money order or cheque). (Note that you will need to enclose this credit card payment form (pdf) if you intend to pay this fee with a credit card.) If you have already paid the application fee online through Graduate Studies, do not include this form.
- Official transcripts for all previous university education; to be considered "official" transcripts must be sealed in envelopes and from all universities which you have attended
- Three letters of reference. Letters of reference are expected to be completed online and submitted by the referees. Referees will be emailed instructions on how to complete the online letter of reference. If a referee is unable to complete the online letter of reference, include hard copies of the reference letter in the application package. Such letters must be received in sealed envelopes with the back of the envelope signed across the seal by the referee. (For hard copy references, use pdf version of letter of reference form: GSR 101 - Confidential Letter of Recommendation).
- TOEFL or IELTS score forms (if proof of English language proficiency is required).
- A copy of Proof of Record of Landing (if applicable)
- The applicant's Rèsumé.