Computer Science Software & Services
The Department of Computer Science offers Computer Science students, staff, and faculty exclusive access to a variety of software and services:
- Computer Science labs are fully equipped with software and tools regularily utilized or required for research and academic courses.
- Technical support staff are available to set up any additional software, tools or environments that you may need for academic projects, such as repositories, databases, web servers, etc.
- The Department of Computer Science is licensed under the Microsoft DreamSpark program (also known MSDN Academic Alliance), which enables all current department faculty, staff, and students to access software available under the program. This allows the department to provide legal copies of certain Microsoft software for academic and non-commercial use.
- Custom Latex material and guidelines
Please visit the Software Support page for more information on all Computer Science specific resources.
Arts and Science Resources
The College of Arts and Science provides support for students, staff and faculty through a variety of programs.
- For new students, the College of Arts and Science has implemented Learning Communities: small groups of first-year students who take classes together and share some common interests. These communities are designed to ease the transition into university by providing first-year students with extra opportunities to make friends, study and explore ideas together, and work together to develop the academic and personal skills to succeed.
- The College of Arts and Science offers IT support and resources. This includes access to in-person and online technical support, training on various technological tools, and resources.
- Arts and Science students have access to computer labs that provide a safe learning environment, quality equipment, and software required to meet the academic needs of all students, staff, and faculty.
- Academic support staff are available to help students understand program requirements, course registration and administration services and graduation requirements.
The University of Saskatchewan provides a variety of services for all U of S students. For helpful information regarding academics, finances, employment, health, housing and more, you can visit their website or contact the services directly.
The International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC) is a great resource for international students. They can help with housing, banking, health coverage, orientation, study and work permits, citizenship and immigration, taxes, driving in Saskatchewan and more! ISSAC has plenty of helpful information on their website, including contact information, office hours and location.