A Few items from Nate Osgood's Interest in Historical and Prehistorical Matters
- Xuanzang. (Beal, S, translator). Si-yi-ki, Buddhist Records of the Western World, by Hieuen Tsiang. 1884 Reprint, Delhi, Oriental Books Reprint Corp., 1969.
- Fa Hsien (Legge, J., translator). Record of Buddhistic Kingdoms by Chinese Monk, Fa-Hien. Buddha Dharma Education Association, Inc.
Evidence suggestive of Precolumbian Contact
In contrast to much popular work on precolumbian contact (which lies at risk of hype) have found the following accounts fascinating and provcative, but quite solidly researched.
- Plummer, K. Shogun's Reluctant Ambassadors: Japanese Sea Drifters in the North Pacific. Oregon Historical Society Pres, 3rd sub edition, 2000. ISBN 0875952356. 287pp.
- Sorenson, J.L., Johannessen, C.L. World trade and biological exchanges before 1492. April 2009. ISBN 0595524419. 593 pp.
Selected Recent Historical Non-Fiction I've Read
- In the Heart of the Sea -- The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex
- The Ice Master: The Doomed 1913 Voyage of the Karluk
- Saskatchewan: A New History
- Blood and Thunder: The Epic Story of Kit Carson and the Conquest of the American West